Each year, FEMEA awards one $500 scholarship to help the winning member attend the FMEA Professional Development Conference.
- Applicant must be a member of FEMEA as of September 15 22. (Deadline extended due to Hurricane Irma)
- Applicant is preferred to have less than three years experience teaching elementary music in Florida.
- Applicant must have never attended the FMEA Professional Development Conference.
- The successful applicants agree to:
- State how professional development learning will be shared with colleagues
- Submit a brief follow-up article to the FEMEA Board, including documentation of how the scholarship funds were spent. This article must be emailed to the FEMEA Executive Director at email@example.com by February 15. The article may be published on the FEMEA web site, in an FEMEA newsletter, and/or in the Florida Music Director.
- All receipts must be submitted to the FEMEA Executive Director by February 15 followiing the conference
The winning scholarship applicant will be notified by October 31, 2016. A committee of FEMEA Board Members will evaluate all scholarship applications.