FEMEA is pleased to announce the winner of the 2017 Ticket to Tampa Scholarship, Ms. Ilona Halkides! Ilona is a first year teacher at Palmetto Elementary School in Orange County. Congratulations, Ilona!
Each year, FEMEA awards one $500 scholarship to help the winning member attend the FMEA Professional Development Conference.
- Applicant must be a member of FEMEA as of September 15.
- Applicant is preferred to have less than three years experience teaching elementary music in Florida.
- Applicant must have never attended the FMEA Professional Development Conference.
- The successful applicants agree to:
- State how professional development learning will be shared with colleagues
- Submit a brief follow-up article to the FEMEA Board, including documentation of how the scholarship funds were spent. This article must be emailed to the FEMEA Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15. The article may be published on the FEMEA web site, in an FEMEA newsletter, and/or in the Florida Music Director.
- All receipts must be submitted to the FEMEA Executive Director by February 15 followiing the conference
The 2016-2017 deadline has past. Check back next year for the 2017-2018 scholarship application
The winning scholarship applicant will be notified by October 31, 2016. A committee of FEMEA Board Members will evaluate all scholarship applications.