FEMEA has allocated $1,000 for the 2021-2022 school year for the purpose of providing grants to our current members. Five grants will be awarded, up to $200 each. FEMEA may choose to provide partial funding for any grants submitted. The purpose is to encourage teachers to develop projects that promote research, creative teaching and innovation, and exemplary models of teaching in the elementary music classroom.
- Grant funds must be used in the Fall of 2021.
- Materials will be purchased by FEMEA and sent to the awardee.
- Grant money will not be approved to purchase everyday supplies normally included in the regular school budget.
- Requests for equipment will not be granted unless the equipment is for the project activities.
- Applicants must be current members of FEMEA by September 30 of the application year.
- Applicants must confirm that their administrator supports the implementation of the grant.
The Grant Recipient Agrees To:
- Author a 200- word abstract or summary, to be submitted for possible publication in the Florida Music Director magazine and/or the FEMEA website. Photos are encouraged.
- Participate in the Curriculum Fair following the awarding of the grant.
- Submit an order form that includes vendor name, shipping address, updated prices, shipping charges for project materials within 10 business days of the award notification.
- Permit FEMEA to publish the project and distribute it to the FEMEA if desired.
Deadline: March 1, 2021