FEMEA has allocated $2,500 for the 2019-2020 school year for the purpose of providing grants to our current members. A limited number of grants will be awarded, up to $1,000 each. FEMEA may choose to provide partial funding for any grants submitted. The purpose is to encourage teachers to develop projects that promote research, creative teaching and innovation, and exemplary models of teaching in the elementary music classroom.
- Grant funds must be used from April through April.
- Grant money should not be used to purchase everyday supplies normally included in the regular school budget.
- Requests for equipment will not be granted unless the equipment is for the project activities.
- Applicants must be current members of FEMEA by September 30 of the application year.
- The project must have the approval of the school principal or authorized school district staff person.
The Grant Recipient Agrees To:
- Author a 200 word abstract or summary, to be submitted for possible publication in the Florida Music Director magazine and/or the FEMEA website. Photos are encouraged.
- Participate in the Curriculum Fair at the Clinic/Conference following the awarding of the grant.
- Provide a financial statement of the project expenditures with the receipts included. This statement must be received on or before June 30.
- Permit FEMEA to publish the project and distribute it to the FEMEA if desired.